Joanne is a widely traveled, published and accomplished freelance photographer specializing in wildlife and nature. Her work has afforded her the opportunity to travel and lead her to many areas of the world, including the Pantanal in Brazil, Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, South Africa, the Caribbean Island, the Falkland Islands, the Pribolof Islands, the Galapagos Islands, Central and South America, Alaska and most other areas of the United States. Because her home state is Florida, the Everglades and other wildlife “hot spots” are frequently the focus of her lens! When at home in Florida she may be seen guiding her photography clients through swamps, marshes and wetlands aboard her FotoBoat, a personally-customized craft that can maneuver fully-loaded in 6” of water accessing the wildlife ‘up close and personal’!
Her images may be seen frequently in numerous publications such as:
RANGER RICK MAGAZINE, May 2009 issue, Birder’s World, Bird Watcher’s Digest, Defenders of Wildlife, the New York Times Magazine, educational text books, and six covers of Florida Audubon Magazine, The Naturalist. She has won numerous Excellence In Craft awards as a member of the Florida Outdoor Writer’s Assoc. (FOWA), an Addy Award for her website, which houses nearly 1,000 (and growing) stock images she has taken from all over the world, and accolades as a Keynote Speaker at the Kennedy Space Center/Titusville Wildlife & Birding Festival. Joanne reveals her proudest moment was seeing her award-winning image hanging in the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington DC, an honor she was given for being “Highly Honored in Wildlife” by Nature’s Best Magazine.
Joanne is an active member of NANPA (North American Nature Photography Assoc.), FOWA, and a contributing photographer to VIREO (Visual Resources for Ornithology) at the Academy of Natural Science in Philadelphia. Her work is listed in the Green Book, as well as having over 100 mages in the AGPix on-line catalog. There are approximately 75,000 35mm slides in her library, and 25,000 (and growing) digitally-filed images.
Joanne Williams’ Publication and Credits & Awards
• RANGER RICK MAGAZINE, May 2009 issue - featuring double page centerfold of the Endangered Whooping Crane, that Joanne has spent years documenting through her photography.
• Six (6) covers of the Florida Audubon’s Magazine, The Naturalist
• Birder’s World Magazine
• Redbone Magazine
• Bird Watcher’s Digest
• New York Times magazine, The Sophisticated traveler
• Living Planet Magazine
• Defenders of Wildlife
• The Birds of North America “Osprey”
• Timeless Reservoirs-Lakes book by Randy Frahn
• Woodpeckers book by Jill Kalz
• Just for Moms book by Bonnie Louise Kuchler
• Just for Dads book by Bonnie Louise Kuchler
• Just Sweethearts book by Bonnie Louise Kuchler
• Pre-calculus a publication by the Bob Jones University Press
• Field Guide to the Rare Animals of Florida
• Orlando Magazine
• Bio Gems 2003 Natural Resource Defense Council
• Natural Museum of Science Magazine
• National Wildlife Federation magazine & website
• Central Florida’s Visitor & Convention Bureau promo. Brochure
• Kissimmee/St. Cloud Visitor & Convention Bureau Brochure
• Osceola Wildlife Tours Brochure
• The Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Contributing Photographer to VIREO
• Nature’s Best – Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
• Fujifilm’s Children’ Portrait Award
• FOWA “Excellence In craft” Award
• FOWA 1999 Best Website 3rd place
• FOWA 1999 1st place “Best Newspaper” 2000
• FOWA 1st place “Best Magazine Photo” 2000
• FOWA 1st place “Best Magazine Photo” 2001
• FOWA 2nd Place in Photography 2007
• FOWA 3rd Place in Communication 2007
• FOWA 1st Place in Best Website 2007
• First Place in Florida Wildlife Magazine for Horned Owl & chick portrait.
She may be contacted at office…., or E-mail at:
“KEEP YOUR APERTURE YOUR PRIORITY”!!!